Did you know that new white ink digital printing technology now allows us to print white ink on dark paper?
Up until fairly recently, printing in white ink was but a dream. This is because most inks used in offset printing are translucent and translucent white ink does not cover dark paper.
Opaque white inks are sometimes an option but they still require several applications, which increases the cost and turnaround time. Plus, the printing shop would have to spend a considerable amount of time cleaning the printer to ensure that the remains of any other ink colors were wiped clean.
Another option to achieve the effect of printing using white ink was to reverse print, where white letters were created by printing a dark background, leaving the actual white letters blank or void of ink.
The technology behind digital printing has come a long way so that white ink printing services are now available and affordable. Talk with our professional Phoenix printers of PRI Graphics to learn more about your options for printing using white ink. We can be reached toll-free at 1-877-409-8889 or by email.
Using White Ink for Printing
There are two methods of printing using white ink printing on black paper:
- Spot Ink – This is where only select objects are rendered by printing white ink on dark paper.
- Flood Background – This is where the entire background of the graphic (including clear areas) is printed in white ink.
Please refer to PRI Graphic’s How to Prepare White Ink Print Jobs PDF for further instructions on how to do each.
Benefits of White Ink Digital Printing
There are a number of benefits to printing using white ink:
- A creative alternative to traditional colored ink options.
- A larger selection of paper options (print in dark colored paper like black and navy blue).
- White ink printing is affordable thanks to new digital printing technologies!
- Digital printing is ideal for short run printing projects (you no longer need to order large quantities for white ink printing).
Get Creative With White Ink Printing
At PRI Graphics, white ink printing can be accomplished on numerous mediums. Here are some common printing ideas that come through our print shops. You can use white ink printing…
- On black paper or dark paper
- On colored paper or Kraft paper
- On labels
- On vinyl
- On Business cards
- On Stationery
About PRI Graphics
Also known as Perkinson Reprographics, family owned and operated PRI Graphics has two printing shops to serve you including in Phoenix Arizona. Both of our locations use state-of-the-art flatbed printing equipment that enables us to offer white ink print technology to all our customers.
For more information on white ink printing services or for professional assistance in preparing your next printing project, please call us toll-free at 1-877-409-8889. We can also be reached locally at 602-393-3131 or contact us by email.
We will be happy to assist you.
For more information about emerging printing technologies and how to think like a designer, check out this article by Printing Impressions entitled, 10 Things Printers Can Teach Designers.