ARCHITECTURE, ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENT PRINTING
Providing the Solutions for Your Business
Our print professionals understand that time is always critical when it comes to B/W or color construction document printing services.
We prioritize these reprographics printing and architectural plan printing in our line-ups. Construction and architecture businesses can be assured that their prints and architectural drawings will be reproduced correctly and on time, every time.
Is your business in need of scanning blueprints in B&W or color or construction plan printing? Contact one of our representatives to learn how we can meet this and all of your other AEC printing and graphics needs.
Please email or call (602) 393-3131 or toll-free at (877) 409-8889 to inquire about construction document management and blueprint printing.
High-Speed Digital Copiers & Plotters
We use the latest printing equipment for printing construction plans and signage, architectural drawings, manuals, environmental inspections, and all other important construction document management printing.
PRI Graphics & Signs provides not only the highest quality print services at the highest speeds, but also full scanning and archiving services. If scanning blueprints is what you need or if you are looking for local large scale scanning services, give us a call in Phoenix at (602) 393-3131 or call toll-free at (877) 409-8889.
Large Format Construction Plan Printing and Distribution
- Monochrome (B&W) and Technical Color – Printing services for a variety of media. Monochrome and Color documents, plus architectural drawings, can be scanned and used as a tool to reproduce hard copy originals or archive documents. PRI also offers several convenient options to transfer data.
- Bid Document Distribution – PRI has developed a bid distribution program that allows customers to track all bid sets distributed by PRI Graphics. We make it easy to set-up, print, distribute, and track the progress of your most complex bid projects.
Small Format Construction Document Printing and Distribution
- High-speed B/W copying and printing services
- A variety of papers are available for printing in 8.5” x 11” (standard), 8.5” x 14” (legal) and 11” x 17” (tabloid) sizes
- Bring your specifications, press releases, manuals, newsletters, flyers, information sheets, proposals and blueprint printing to PRI Graphics. We can package your printed documents, include your transmittals, and ship or deliver your printing job to wherever it is needed.
CONSTRUCTION PRINTING PROFESSIONALS
To inquire about our printing services, please email or call us at (602) 393-3131 or toll-free at (877) 409-8889.
Construction Document FAQ’s
What are blueprints?
A blueprint is a copy or reproduction of the technical drawings and/or architectural design created by an architect or engineer. Old blueprints were made by hand and consisted of white line drawings on a blue background. Today’s blueprints are rendered using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software programs.
What are construction documents?
Construction documents are large prints of the project’s plans with detailed drawings and specifications that outline the project’s scope, systems, materials, equipment, and other important information necessary for the construction of a project. These may include structural drawings as well as plumbing, electrical, and mechanical drawings.
Are blueprints still being used?
Blueprints were white line drawings on a blue background and used for more than a century. By the 1940s, these were replaced by Diazo prints, which were blue lines (or black lines) on a white background. Today’s blueprints are architectural drawings or construction documents created on computers with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
What are blueprints called now?
Architects and engineers generally refer to blueprints or technical drawings of floor plans as “prints” or “drawings.” Today, most people also refer to them as “construction documents.”
Do architects still use large paper prints?
Yes, architects do still use large paper prints. Construction documents are first created using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software programs and stored digitally. These digital blueprints can then be printed as needed in a number of different sizes.
Are blueprints copyrighted?
Yes, blueprints are intellectual properties where ownership is attached to the creator or to the client or employer of the creator.
What are the standard sizes for construction documents?
The standard US sizes (in inches) for engineering plans, architectural drawings, and construction plan printing are half size at 11×17, 12×18, 15×21, 18×24, or full size at 22×34, 24×36, 30×42 and 36×48. It is common for professionals to design in one of the 4 full sizes and then print at true half size.
What is the file extension for CAD drawings?
The native file extension for AutoCAD is .dwg.